Friday, January 27, 2006

Question Mozart Friday

Happy Mozart Day! In honor of this day, I shall answer a Mozart question this week. This one is from Minnesota Public Radio, which is having a Mozart trivia question every day. Get this one early enough and you might win a trip to Salzburg! (I already entered.)

What movie director made a film version of The Magic Flute in 1975?

Answer: Ingmar Bergman. I saw this one (sung in Swedish!) during my music history class as an undergrad. Bergman kept showing close-ups of his daughter in the audience during the overture, and broke down the fourth wall by showing Sarastro smoking back stage while playing cards with a stage hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT blog! I will most certainly be back.

I've found that most blogs are either entertinaing, OR informative....you blog is both.

thanks!