Wednesday, May 11, 2005

It's Alive!

Okay, I hadn't really planned to take a sabbatical from blogging, but it worked out well. I've been finishing the semester at DePauw, working on various committees (I'm very excited that Gabriel Crouch is going to be our next choir director), writing articles and creating posters, and travelling to Leipzig for a totally awesome conference on Neuroscience and Music. In Leipzig I got to hear Bach's Mass in B minor, performed in the same church that Bach was cantor of from 1723 until his death in 1750. I also attended a concert of music by Bach and Stravinsky at the Gewandhaus, where Mendelssohn was conductor. Okay, the original Gewandhaus was burned down and the concert hall moved many times, but there is still a sense of history.

Now, I'm in my last two days of classes for the semester, feeling mighty refreshed and ready for some serious research this summer. I'm also ready to start blogging again, just in time for my first anniversary. Coming up, uses of Geospatial Information Services (GIS) to predict the winner of American Idol.

No comments: