Monday, January 24, 2005

Leipzig in Spring

I'm quite excited. I was just informed that I will be presenting a poster session at The Neurosciences and Music - II conference in May. This means that DePauw will fund my trip, I will be able to attend some great workshops and hear important papers in my field, and be in Leipzig during the Bach Festival!

My posters will present my findings on "The effects of career path and music education on trumpet articulation categorization." While the title may suggest a snoozer or incredibly obscure research, the results were rather surprising and do have implications on music education. But I will blog more about that closer to the conference dates. For now, I need to decide which concerts to go to. The theme of the Festival is Bach and the Future [not Bach to the Future?] so many concerts feature some contemporary works as well as Baroque and style galant music. Oh, I hope the dollar/euro ratio improves in the next couple of months!

No comments: