Friday, September 15, 2006

You've got a face for radio

I just got an offer to join BlogTalkRadio. I'll let Alan Danzis describe it:
BlogTalkRadio allows bloggers/podcasters to broadcast live streaming radio shows, while accepting telephone calls from listeners and hosting show guests. (And it’s free!) In addition to broadcasting live, shows are archived forever at BlogTalkRadio.com as podcasts.
I'll pass on this opportunity. I've been devoting less time to blogging as it is, and I definitely do not want to be held to a schedule of when to broadcast/blog. I could see some benefits for music blogs, though. Something along the lines of Kyle Gann's PostClassic Radio, that allows the blogger to provide audio feedback. But then again, we've got the ability to imbed podcasts into our blogs right now, as shown by Prent Rodgers' Podcast Bumper Music. This allows audio, flexible scheduling, and discussion, without having to hear my voice.

No comments: