Monday, September 04, 2006

Review the reviews

My seminar students have posted their CD reviews. My assignment to you on this lovely Labor Day is to A) critique the reviews, and B) find the post that has this sentence: "Simply put, if disco and metal had sex, and then disco did a lot of coke while she was pregnant, electric six would be the product." Every year my students learn the most from outside feedback of their writing. And that sentence is the funniest yet most accurate thing I've seen a student write.

4 comments:

Matthew Perpetua said...

Ahhh, your link isn't working!

Scott said...

Thanks, the link is fixed now.

Terminal Degree said...

I'm enjoying your students' insights into their CDs. Is this a class for music majors?

This sounds like a much more fun assignment (both to write AND to grade) than the one I gave my students last week. I think I'm going to use this idea next time. Thanks.

Scott said...

Yes, they are first-year music majors. I've done this with non-majors to good effect as well.