Saturday, September 22, 2007

Closing the book

I just got back from blowing shofar at the closing service of Yom Kippur. It was a lovely service, the student rabbi has really become comfortable with the DePauw community. Unfortunately an argumentative comment knocked me out of the balanced place I had found, so I'm not much for blogging tonight. I'll provide two links, and knock off until Monday. Both links are from Mind Hacks:
1) Musicogenic epilepsy, when music causes seizures. Not to be confused with Celebrity epilepsy.
2) Clive Wearing, the pianist who has forgotten everything except how to play the piano and that he loves his wife. Elaine Fine has also blogged about this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scott,

I didn't mean to knock you off your balanced pace. But seriously: "argumentative comment"? Is controversy not allowed here? Are we not supposed to get into the details of music theory?

I'm relatively new to the music blogosphere, so maybe I'm just unfamiliar with the etiquette. But discussions of this sort would seem to come with the territory -- of both the blog medium and of the nature of the subject itself.

As I said in the other thread, if you're not interested in discussing a topic, all you have to do is say so. Displays of indignation are not necessary.