Tuesday, September 11, 2007

AMS Midwest Chapter

Those in the Chicago vicinity can see musicology in action on October 6-7 at National Lewis University. The program includes a roundtable on teaching music history with Matthew Balensuela, my office neighbor, participating. He has developed an interesting series of activities for students based on compositional treatises and pedagogical sketches that are often included in music history textbooks. I think it's a great integration of theory and history, and must think of a way to repay the favor. The cost of the conference is $10, which also gets you a membership in the Chapter.

2 comments:

Terminal Degree said...

Sounds fantastic--wish I could go. If you'll be there, I'd love to hear a report!

Scott said...

I'm not going, but I'll see if I can get Matthew to give a report.