Monday, January 04, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Hi, how's it going? Yes, it's been a little while since I last wrote in this blog. My writing efforts were going towards some academic articles and a book to which I was contracted to contribute, The Daily Book of Classical Music. I was in charge of 39 days, all about compositional structures. I particularly had fun figuring out how to explain rotational form without getting too technical or too philosophical, in 250 words. This has been a fun experience, with very good editors and a nice paid venue for all my blog-style writing. Now that I've submitted my final batch of days, I can get back to my (mostly) non-paid blog-style writing here, on a blog. And I'll start with some resolutions:
1) I resolve to post at least 3 times each week, unless I get another paid writing gig.
2) I resolve to participate in at least one triathlon (sprint level) this year, which means I need a good road bike. I will probably run in another marathon, but I will wait until the summer to start training for that.
3) I resolve to be better at communicating with family, friends, acquaintances, and commentors.
4) I resolve to get to bed by 11 pm on school nights, allowing 30 minutes of leeway per week.

I have some other resolutions, but those will be saved for my journal.

No comments: