Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wow!

I had been strongly leaning towards Barack Obama before, but his speech has completely bowled me over. The nuance, the honesty, the clarity of thought and appreciation of opposing views, it was a thing of beauty. This is the second politician I've been truly excited about, and the first presidential candidate (Russ Feingold is the other). Even if you are a staunch Republican who has already filled out the ballot for John McCain, please read or listen to this speech. You may not change your vote, but I guarantee you will learn something about race and class, just as I have today.

4 comments:

Elaine Fine said...

It was a wonderful speech. I'm glad you were bowled over, particularly since you live in Indiana!

Unknown said...

It was extraordinary to see a politician -- of any stripe, party, or country, for that matter -- to tackle this festering issue head-on. Bravo Obama!

John Brough said...

From an observing Canadian ... If this man doesn't win every state - then I will have lost all hope in the American people.

Scott said...

I'm looking forward to voting on May 6th (and in November). Viva Obama!