Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Meme ownership

I call foul! Via John Scalzi, I find out that Vodkapundit is claiming to be the first to list the most-played songs on your iTunes. That would be fine, if I hadn't already thought it up over a year ago. I do like John's idea to limit selections to one per album. Here's my current top 10:

1. Variations on a Rococo Theme - Tchaikovksy, arranged and performed by Sergei Nakariakov
2. Various tracks from Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King soundtrack - Howard Shore
3. Newport Jazz Festival Suite - Duke Ellington
4. O magnum mysterium - Morton Lauridsen, performed by the Robert Shaw Festival Singers
5. Sonatas and Interludes - John Cage (I don't have the performer listed)
6. "Una furtiva lagrima" from The Elixer of Love - Donizetti, arranged and performed by the Three Countertenors
7. Battle Royal - Count Basie Orchestra and Duke Ellington Orchestra
8. Ayre - Golijov, performed by Dawn Upshaw
9. Piano Sonata Op. 31 no. 2 "The Tempest" - Beethoven, performed by Glenn Gould
10. Simple Symphony - Britten, arranged by Colin Matthews and Simon Wright, performed by the Wallace Collection

No comments: