Friday, June 22, 2007

What about the children?

Apparently you shouldn't let your youngsters read my blog about music: What's My Blog Rated? From Mingle2 - Online Dating

Mingle2

Why? Because I've used the word "suck" twice (I'm pretty sure I've used it many more times than that) and "gay" once. I'm guessing this "service" only looks at the main page of the blog, not the archives. More to the point, yes, talking about gay marriage is not suitable for children. Idiots!

Via Chad, who has probably managed to up his rating.

6 comments:

Daniel Wolf said...

Scott --

I got an R rating, due to the use of four words: d---h (as in what some people think has happened to classical music), P---h (the puppet partner of Judy), s-x (you can guess that one), and c-m (the latin for "with").

Maybe I should put up a ratings message -- it might increase traffic, but then again nobody was interested in publishing my theory textbook "Topic of Counterpoint".

Eric Edberg said...

I got an R, too!

Scott said...

Eric, that shouldn't be surprising. You just dropped the F bomb in yesterday's post.

Anonymous said...

"Why? Because I've used the word "suck" twice (I'm pretty sure I've used it many more times than that) and "gay" once. "

This probably means there's no one on earth considered old enough to read the current AMS-list...

(Bah - I only get a 'G'. Anyone whose ever spoken to me knows this is b*ll*cks.)

Scott said...

Tim, too true. You musicologists definitely work more blue than we innocent theorists. Though there is the infamous story about Dan Harrison standing up during an SMT presentation to chide the author, "First of all, don't f--- with the Ursatz."

Elaine Fine said...

Mine is rated G. I was hoping for at least a PG. A G rating makes me think that the people reading my blog should be the same as the people who watch Disney movies. I guess the censors missed your hilarious comment on my vibrato post, Eric!