Today is Pi Day (3.14). In honor of that, I have listed all of the tracks on my iTunes that have the duration 3:14. They are ranked by length within that one second. It's amazing how relevant many of these songs/movements are to my day, especially 1-3, 5, 8, 10, 15, 16, 17, and 19.
1. "You're My Home" by Billy Joel/John Lennon/Paul McCartney, performe by Billy Joel on Piano Man.
2. "I Can't Believe That You're In Love With Me" by Clarence Gaskill - Jimmy McHugh, performed by Lionel Hampton on Flying Home (1942-1945).
3. "The End Of A Love Affair" by E. C. Redding, performed by Wynton Marsalis on Popular Songs: The Best Of Wynton Marsalis.
4. French Suite No. 4 - 4. Sarabande by Johann Sebastian Bach, performed by Sviatoslav Richter on Sviatoslav Richter: The authorised recording.
5. "The Vagabond" from Songs Of Travel by Ralph Vaughan Williams, performed by Bryn Terfel, Malcolm Martineau.
6. "Frank Speaking" by Bill Russo, performed by Stan Kenton on New Concepts of Artistry in Rhythm.
7. "The Palace and creatures of Kashchei disappear" from The Firebird by Igor Stravinsky, performed by Philharmonia Orchestra; Esa-Pekka Salonen, conductor.
8. "La Danse De Puck" from Préludes - Book 1 by Claude Debussy, performed by Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli.
9. The Nutcracker. I. Overture by Pyotr Tchaikovsky, performed by Orchestra Of The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden-Mark Ermler.
10. "(I'll Be Glad When You're Dead) You Rascal You" by Sam Theard, performed by Jack Teagarden & His Orchestra on Jazz: The Singers 1930s.
11. "Platform 9 And 3 Quarters And The Journey To Hogwarts" from Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone soundtrack by John Williams.
12. "The Sixth Day: Nun scheint in vollem Glanze der Himmel" from The Creation by Franz Joseph haydn, performed by John Eliot Gardiner; English Baroque Soloists, Monteverdi Choir.
13. "At The Sign Of The Prancing Pony" from The Lord Of The Rings - The Fellowship Of The Ring Soundtrack by Howard Shore.
14. "Blue Lou" by E. Sampson, performed by Duke Ellington on 22 Original Big Band Recordings.
15. Lullaby and Doina for flute, clarinet, double bass and string quartet - Doina by Osvaldo Golijov, performed by Tara Helen O'Connor, flute; Todd Palmer, clarinet; Mark Dresser, double bass; The St. Lawrence String Quartet.
16. "Laura soave, vita di mia vita" by Andrea Gabrieli, performed by Paul McCreesh; Gabrieli Consort & Players on Politics, Dialogues and Pastorales.
17. "O Ihr Zärtlichen" from Rilke Songs (1997-2001) For Voice And Piano by Peter Lieberson, performed by Lorraine Hunt Lieberson And Peter Serkin.
18. Interlude from Daphnis et Chloé by Mauric Ravel, performed by Charles Munch, Conductor / Boston Symphony Orchestra / Robert Shaw, Director / New England Conservatory Chorus And Alumni Chorus.
19. "I Am Weary (Let Me Rest)" by Pete Roberts, performed by The Cox Family on O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack.
20. "Petit Concert" from L'histoire Du Soldat by Igor Stravinsky on Stravinsky Plays Stravinsky.
21. "Donna" by Miles Davis on Volume One.
22. Partita #3 In E, BWV 1006 - 1. Preludio by J.S. Bach, performed by Jascha Heifetz.