Monday, November 05, 2007

Shameless Self promotion

Ronnie Pejril, whose sound installation at Quarry Sounds was really cool, shot some video of various parts of Quarry Sounds with his phone and posted them on YouTube. Here is his shot of me, though the audio is very faint:

I was up on a cliff overlooking the quarry, while people strolled below on the various paths. I'm told my sound carried over quite a distance, so I hope it wasn't too annoying to the other musicians. As you can see from the video, it was rather difficult for the attendees to actually see me.

In other news, my tenure and promotion has been recommended by the School of Music Personnel Committee. Now it moves up to the University Committee on Faculty.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made it to YouTube!!! Congrats on the committee approval. When do you expect to hear from the Committee on Faculty?

Unknown said...

Awesome news about your tenure!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

You buried the lede! Congrats on the progress towards tenure!

The Quarry event sounds like it was awesome. Wish I could have been there.

Eric Edberg said...

We should also acknowledge Nicole Brockmann, our fantastic viola professor here at DePauw, who organized the Quarry Sounds event (and did so with almost zero administrative support).

And many congratulations on the tenure/promotion recommendation. It was a pleasure to be part of the review committee.

Bryan Alexander said...

Congratulations!!!

Scott said...

I'll probably hear from COF around January.

Nicole absolutely deserves major kudos for organizing Quarry Sounds. She handled everything very well, creating an interesting event from inspiration to realization.

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes.