Friday, March 28, 2014

Dutch rap. You heard me.

Yes, the Weather on the sixth episode of WtNV is a rap IN DUTCH by Dio, featuring Sef.  Dio is the stage name of Diorno Dylyano Obedient, born in Amsterdam to Surinamese parents.  Sef is another DUTCH RAPPER with ties to Morocco.  As you can see from the video below, they are deliberately pushing the old school vibe, not just with the sound (sampling funky guitars at the beginning with fake scratches) but also the visuals (Run DMC wants their hats back). 



While I'm making fun of the idea of DUTCH RAP, I do admit that the first time I heard this piece, the hook stayed with me for a long time.  "Aye, aye, niemand hier die kan tippen aan de swagger die ik heb / Aye, aye, Schatje fock met mij, want al die rappers die zijn nep."  Something about the repeated Aye and the very clear syncopated rhythms  of the words are very appealing.  The original lyrics can be found here (I don't know if they are accurate, because they are IN DUTCH).  A Google translation is below.  This is a braggadocio, though like the previous Weather, it is meant to be a parody of that genre.  But unlike the Dylan imitation, there are probably not many WtNV listeners who are fluent IN DUTCH to understand the humor. So to just about everyone the meaning/humor comes from hearing old school rap in a foreign language.  Perhaps someone more fluent in rap can tell me if the form Intro - Verse - Chorus - Verse - Chorus - Bridge (or Conclusion perhaps?) is standard for any forms of rap.  I had expected a return to the Chorus after Sef's guest rap, but the ending is very abrupt.
Yeah yeah it is that so oh so dope rapper away
and I 'll take it
d - i -o because you know the guy
yes we can hang like a mega poster
and the most hated
the most discussed
rapper in the game
rapper in the game, I am welcomed so hard they think I was Steen
looks so good so they think I was gay
yo so sick they thought I had AIDS,
but I did not
No man I did not boy , so call me John F. Yayo,
because they know that boy
and put rappers in the note so they call me
do you have a moment that rappers on the line
all Keding yes I keep them on a leash
and are not dogs, but I keep them on a leash
Sonja Bakker, yes, I keep them on a leash
man I'm much too far, man she does not love me!

I way off ! Aye !
no one here who can match the swagger that I have
Aye ! Honey fock with me, because all these rappers that are fake.
Aye ! Baby come see me and let me say what I have.
Aye ! I have pants layer , cap layer , yep everyone cries, aye , aye , aye , aye , aye , aye , aye , stop.
aye , aye , aye , aye , pants coat , pet coat , yep everyone calls :
aye , aye , aye , aye , aye , aye , aye , stop.aye , aye , aye , aye , pants coat , pet coat , yep .

They look at me , say it must be him. Yep exactly what you should have and this I would like to offer everyone mn apologies, I had never seen such Fackin dope rapper should be. But I'm sorry , homie understand me , if you do not, I do it both for us.
I'm much too hard , baby stay with me , otherwise I'm gone, or I'm gone. PEACE . Whattup , hoeisset , who who who is it?
Fans in the game that can not miss me , rappers in the game that can not diss me and if I 'm not mistaken , I can not be mistaken . I am , yep I 'm difficult. Yes I am a bomb and I do not even bother . Baby bevoel me , but do not touch me . So grab your gear gap , nigga let's go . And then I'm off !

Aye !
no one here who can match the swagger that I have
Aye ! Honey fock with me, because all these rappers that are fake .
Aye ! Baby come see me and let me say what I have.
Aye ! I have pants layer , cap layer , yep everyone cries, aye , aye , aye , aye , aye , aye , aye , stop.
aye , aye , aye , aye , pants coat , pet coat , yep everyone calls :
aye , aye , aye , aye , aye , aye , aye , stop.aye , aye , aye , aye , it 's your boy Sef those Flinke Names .

Hey , stop that beat Big2 effe because uuh I want shinen beat without leveling , enne I want you to see me effe , dussuh close your eyes and take a minute. But enough about me , let's talk about me . Let me rap about me , because I love to talks about me, so I fill tracks and couplets about me . I end, I am the future , I'll give that males , some males who deserve. I'll take the money and that money comes to me , in me money bags, money for the future. I 'm jealous of those men . You must understand me, I would also like to look at myself. Well , if I have to describe myself. Sorry , I do not use the word swagger . I 'm off!

1 comment:

Neta B said...

I just got started on WTNV and found your blog when I was looking for more info on Aye by Dio. Thanks for the post!