1. The Black Torrent Guard: Impoverished musicology/guitar student Andy talks about the new social network for new music, NetNewMusic, kind of a Facebook for new music geeks.
2. Joshua Nemith's Cincinnati Pianist Blog: Joshua tells us of another online service for musicians, PianoAccompanists.com.
3. Amusicology: "Drew does a post-op on his first solo class."
4. JohninGeorgia: This is a fascinating blog by a musicologist who happens to be in the middle of the Russia-Georgia conflict right now. This particular post ties together the war with an analysis of Orthodox chant.
5. ThoughtLights: Dan muses on how music appreciation textbooks convey value to his students.