Sunday, March 13, 2005

Thanks for the meme

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
Either Door County, Wisconsin, or some southern locale on a private lake.

2. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLES OF CLOTHING?
Jeans and sweatshirts.

3. THE LAST CDs YOU BOUGHT?
The Ray Charles movie soundtrack (Ray’s music, not the original score music).

4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
6:30 on weekdays, 7-7:30 on weekends.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
It varies. I was recently enamored with my new iced tea maker, and I’m happy with anything that works well (i.e., not either microwave currently).

6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I do play an instrument, several in fact. I’m happy enough with that.

7. FAVORITE COLOR?
I don’t have a favorite color.

8. WHICH VEHICLE DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR, MOTORCYCLE, OR SUV?
I guess the sports car, though I’m happiest on my bicycle.

9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE AFTERLIFE?
I believe that no one knows what happens after death.

10. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?
Olivia, Oliva Saves the Circus, and Olivia and the Missing Toy
The Phantom Tollbooth
The Narnia series

11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
I like all the seasons, though each can get wearying by the end.

12. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?
No tattoo, no piercing, I’m rather dull that way.

13. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPERPOWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Superspeed, or longevity. Though I see problems arising from both.

14. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
No.

15. ONE PERSON/PEOPLE FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO?
Myself at 16.

16. WHAT IS UNDER YOUR BED?
A cat, occasionally. Kids toys sometimes. Otherwise, nothing.

17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY?
Saturday.

18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
Hamburger.

19. FROM THE PEOPLE WHO NORMALLY READ YOUR BLOG, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
No clue. Perhaps Patty or Ruth.

20. ON WHICH BLOG DID YOU FIND THIS MEME?
terminaldegree

21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER?
Lillies

23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL?
I don’t have favorite meals (notice a pattern?)

24. DESCRIBE YOUR PJS.
I sleep in my boxers.

25. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BREAKFAST?
I always need orange juice. Beyond that, I don’t have a favorite.

26. DO YOU LIKE YOUR JOB?
Yes, very much. There are some definite frustrations, but I love my students.

27. WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB?
A research university with small class sizes, with TAs to grade homework. A 2+2 courseload, and plenty of funding for research.

28. WHAT AGE DO YOU PLAN TO RETIRE?
Around 70.

29. WHERE DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
The trumpet studio at the University of Akron (graduate school).

30. SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO THAT YOU HAVE NEVER DONE BEFORE.
Travel to Japan and Australia; solo with an orchestra.

No comments: